Thursday, June 21, 2007

I think God laughs at us sometimes

When I mow the grass I usually think. Usually it is about random things. It is really my only uninterrupted time to do so.

Well back to my point.

Look at all of the natural things that God gives us: Air, Plants, Animals, etc. What do we do with them?

AIR
We pollute the air with all of our machinery, factories, vehicles, etc. I mean I appreciate having all of these things to use at my disposal.

PLANTS
Plants grow largely to provide us with oxygen and to give habitat to other animals. In the summers we mow the grass and in the winters we rake the leaves. We participate in mass deforestation for what? Lumber to build mansions, paper to print money, etc.

ANIMALS
Really, animals makes me laugh too. We harness some animals and call them "pets" while other animals are labeled a nuisance and are exterminated. Some people take this to an extreme and call themselves vegetarians. While there are others who are evolutionarily defunct and practice veganism and must take vitamins to get all essential amino acids that they are missing out on by not eating animal products.


I am still going to drive my car to work, mow my grass in the summer and rake the leaves in the fall, keep my dogs, kill the mice, and eat a nice steak every once in a while...But don't ya think that sometimes, God laughs at us?

No comments: